26/08/2013

Silhouette, AHSC #18

This card was inspired by the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge # 18.  Here is the sketch:

This card was simple to create and (I think) it carries a sweet message:). I started with Stampin up while cardstock and cut it larger than needed.  I thought when I seen other cards completed in this fashion a Breyer had done the work (plus I couldn't figure out where my giant mess my daubers were). So in the end I inked up my Speedball Brayer with CTMH ink, I started with the blue and worked down to the green grass.  On the grass I rolled the Brayer back and forth to get the hilly effect.  The clouds were accomplished using inkadinkadoo masking paper.

Next I inked up CTMY Childhood Portrait images (tree and children) with black ink and placed on the cardstock.  My next adventure was to size the card and trim it down.  I used CTMH seam binding ribbon.  i MUST say that it is one of the nicest ribbons i have ever used!  love it.  it is soft and silky and ties in a sweet bow like a dream!  it is worth the money and i wish i had more of the stuff.I love the patterned paper in this line.  It is from Simple Stories. I always finish the inside of my cards and the inside of this is strips of patterned paper laying helter skelter.  

Hope you enjoyed another card inspiration from AHSC!  I hope you join us this week and whip up an entry!  We love to see any project that this sketch has inspired you to do:)
Cheers
T

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you made this card, it is really lovely. Another great creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun interpretation of the sketch! Love it!

    ReplyDelete