09/12/2013

Sugar and Spice

I loosly based my card this week on the AHSC #33 sketch.  Here is the sketch:

I used Digi images from Kris at Imagine That!  I am honoured to have been asked to be on her design team beginning in January.  I was fortunate to enter her challenge last month and got these cute little gingerbread people.  They are so stinking cute.  So with these images I wanted to create a card that also was based on the sketch.  

I dug out the prismacolors and used gamsol to to blend the image but they are the pre copic blending of the world....lol. Old school is sometimes better!  I used liquid appliqué from CTMH to add "icing". The google eyes were added because my darling daughter said they made them crazy...teehee.  I used a Spellbinders die to cut out the tray and ran it through the Big Shot with the fan folder from Stampin Up.  The banner was created by printing off the sentiment and folding the edges to create a banner.  

Last but not least the background was created with distress dots stamp from stampin up, which I inked with Versamark and used sparkly embossing powder.  I wiped the holiday red from CTMH with a baby wipe.  The patterned paper came from CTMH -holiday 2013.  I really enjoyed making this card as it reminded me to use some supplies I have had a very long time...lol 
Happy scrapping y'all
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment